Lviv State Centre of Science, Innovations and Informatization
#Biogas & Fermentation
#Biogenic Residuals & Waste Materials
#Biorefineries & Biofuels
#Hydrothermal Carbonization (HTC)
Myroslav Malovanyy, DScTech., Prof.
Head of Department of Ecology and Sustainable Environmental Management, Lviv Polytechnic National University (LPNU)
Volodymyr Zhuk, CScTech., Assoc. Prof.
Deputy Head of Department of Hydraulic and Water Engineering, Lviv Polytechnic National University (LPNU)
LPNU was founded in 1816 and consists of 16 Institutes and 114 Departments with about 35000 students and 2200 pedagogical and research staff. Researches of the biomass utilization are fulfilled mainly at the Department of Ecology and Sustainable Environmental Management and Department of Hydraulic and Water Engineering. Researches are focused on the technologies of production of renewable energy sources from biomass, wastewater and leachate treatment, sewage sludge processing and utilization.
References and Experience
- 2018−2020: Complex anaerobic-aerobic-sorption technology of the treatment of the wastewaters and landfill leachates" funded by MES of Ukraine
- 2018–2019: Methods of the processing of cyanobacteria (algae) biomass, causing water reservoir "blooming", funded by program of the Ukraine-Austria R&D projects
- 2007−2013: Research and application of novel technologies of wastewater treatment and solid waste management in Sweden, Poland and Ukraine”, financed by Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Sweden
- 2015: Research Project #0507 "Full-scale study of the Lviv landfill leachate effect on the biological treatment process at Lviv wastewater treatment plant N2" funded by the Lviv city administration
- 2015: Project # 8158/2015 "Biogas production in wastewater treatment plant – support for the Lviv City program" funded by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Poland
- 2013: “Biogas production through anaerobic digestion of chicken manure in Ukraine”, funded by program of the German - Ukrainian scientific cooperation
- 2009 - 2011: Strengthening the energetic use of biomass in Central and Eastern Europe by establishing a standardised transnational consulting net for regions/ “COACH BioEnergy”, funded by the program Central Europa
- 2009 – 2012: Bioenergy Workshops for biochemical conversion, agriculture rests, alges and biodiesel, funded by the German Ministry of Environment.
- Integration into the international educational and scientific space
- Application of biotransformation technologies of biomass energy in biogas from methane digestion of organic waste in agriculture.
- Implementation the anaerobic digestion of sewage sludge at wastewater treatment plants
- Clean energy production
- Utilization of the biomass after the digestion process for the soil remediation purposes
Unique Selling Point
- Research and innovation
- Green economy